Floor mats, without a doubt, serve a variety of purposes. That is why, even in elevators, floor mats are commonplace. Elevators have specific floor mats fitted to protect the floors from heavy foot activity. Wherever floor mats are placed, they contribute to the overall aesthetic of the space.
The following are the reasons why elevator mats should be used:
- The mats protect the elevator flooring from scratches and other damage.
- The metal base of the lift will not be harmed by dust, debris, or moisture. As a result, the lift base will not readily wear out.
- The padding under the feet of the person utilizing the lift is very pleasant. They are spared from slipping on a slick floor, and the lift’s maintenance is simplified.
Elevator floor mats are available in both brick-and-mortar and online stores. Mats come in a variety of sizes, shapes, materials, and designs. The corporation purchased unique logo mats for the elevators installed in commercial buildings. The mat with the company name serves as a less expensive and more effective marketing strategy. Popular merchants like Ultimate Mats sell some of the greatest sellable elevator mats that are tailored fairly creatively. You can visit their homepage at any time to learn more about their well-offered different types of floor mats.
Elevator floor mats come in a variety of styles.
- Berber mat – These are the most typical commercial mats used in offices and even elevators. It’s thick, long-lasting, and comes in a variety of dark, stylish colors. It’s also sturdy and flexible.
- Mats with imprinted logos, brand names, or slogans – There is a rubber layer placed in the rear half to make it non-slippery. They are always in style and have a very exquisite appearance. Because this bespoke mat is creatively made, it adds glitz to the elevator decor.
- Rubber drainage mats – These are commonly used in elevators where it rains all year. They drain the water on the floor, leaving the mat’s surface dry for a firm foothold and avoiding any slips and falls.
- Turtle tiles – These mats are a trendy alternative to rubber mats. They are meant to stay dry at the top to avoid dampness from causing mishaps, typically seen in commercial settings such as near swimming pools, spas, and hotel shower rooms.
- Anti-fatigue mats — these mats are composed of unique materials and are designed to provide comfort to elevator passengers. They are pricey because they have aesthetic features. Typically found in high-end escalators.
There are three different ways to acquire mats in your elevators.
It’s easy to overlook elevators when designing floor mats for a hotel or other commercial structure. We frequently placemats at the entry, front desk, or lobby, but fail to remember that moisture may still be there by the time people reach the elevators. Furthermore, those elevator floors are costly, and a mat can help protect them.
There are three ways to order mats for an elevator:
- Purchase big items and trim them on-site.
This is the way that is advised. It ensures a flawless fit but is the most costly due to the labor involved. If you have an engineering or maintenance department, they may be able to save you money, but we can make the necessary preparations.
- Make it smaller.
On-site pruning is not always possible due to installation costs or crew availability. Ordering the mat cut and produced with the bump-out is permissible, but bespoke mats can only be purchased to the closest inch, therefore the dimensions will be rounded down. Edging is usually required on both sides to give it a uniform appearance; however, the tapered edge is primarily for safety reasons at the door.
- Make sure it’s rectangular.
The third and simplest alternative is to get a rectangular mat without the threshold bump-out. It’s normally only a few inches, and the mat still provides the same advantage; but, people may not associate it with an elevator mat.
We’ve made elevator mats with and without branding for hotels and condominiums. In any case, it is always a wise investment that is well received by visitors.
Bonus Tip for Logo Elevator Mats: Order one plain and custom logo rugs for each car only from ultimate mats. It’s less expensive than purchasing a branded mat and you can keep one on hand to replace a mat that needs to be cleaned.